Head of Accounting (ML Cover) (m/f/d)
We’re a diverse group of committed individuals empowered to thrive on challenge, share ideas, and pursue our ambition to transform the way commerce works.
So what about you? Do you want to help shape the future? Join us and you’ll open the gateway to a world of endless possibilities.
At Productsup you’ll be an intrinsic player in a vibrant culture that brings together people with opportunities, ideas with implementation, and ambition with achievement.
You can make great things happen in your career by making great things happen in commerce.
Productsup - the place where people are empowered to shape the future of commerce.
Your role and goals
We're seeking an experienced Head of Accounting to provide maternity leave cover and lead our Accounting team during this period. As a key member of our finance department, you will bring your expertise and leadership to ensure the seamless operation of our accounting functions.
With at least 5 years of senior finance experience and a track record of managing complex tasks in a dynamic environment, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining financial accuracy and integrity. Your strong sense of ownership, organizational prowess, and analytical acumen will be critical in achieving our financial goals.
If you are passionate about metrics, and figures, and possess a keen eye for detail while keeping the bigger picture in mind, this role is an excellent fit for you. Join us in maintaining the financial health and compliance of our organization during this maternity leave cover period.
In your first 3 months you will:
- Familiarize yourself with Productsup's products, business operations, and the company's legal entities
- Acquaint yourself with the organization, and your team's processes, and establish relationships with key stakeholders both within and outside the company
- Assume full responsibility for the management of the Accounting Team, including a thorough review of team metrics and performance evaluations, as well as building strong working relationships with each of your team members.
In your first 6 months and beyond you will:
- Play a pivotal role in shaping steering processes and driving continuous improvement initiatives
- Take ownership of financial closings, working closely with your team to manage the entire spectrum of financial reporting
- Establish specific team OKRs and set individual goals for your team members
- Oversee financial operations encompassing accounting and reporting
- Focus on the development and growth of your team, nurturing their professional advancement.
What you bring to the team
- Over 5 years of experience in a senior financial managerial position with a demonstrable track record of success
- A professional accounting qualification
- Proficiency in HGB (Handelsgesetzbuch) knowledge is a must
- Knowledge of Datev is a bonus
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Outstanding collaboration skills, from interacting with C-level executives to working effectively within cross-functional teams
- Ability to build new processes and structures
- Strategic thinking, planning, and creative problem-solving skills
- Advanced proficiency in computer software and financial reporting tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- A proactive leader who consistently makes informed decisions, embraces creativity, takes initiative, and thrives in collaborative environments
- Fluency in both English and German, with exceptional written communication skills.
What we offer you
- The option to work remotely and flexibly, because we know outstanding talent knows best how and where to work
- A unique and thorough onboarding program where you’ll learn the ins and outs of our company and product
- Ongoing internal and external training, plus a yearly learning budget to help you continuously grow professionally and further your career with Productsup
- Opportunities for engaging in our Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives, plus one paid Impact Day per year dedicated to voluntary work
- Employee referral bonuses: we know that talent attracts talent, and we encourage you to refer people you know to join our team
- The opportunity to take ownership and responsibility, impacting the company’s growth in an international environment with 40+ nationalities
- Discounted Urban Sports membership
Productsup values diversity. We celebrate our differences and strive to learn from each other with the firm conviction that diversity drives innovation. Our commitment to equal opportunities begins at the hiring process and extends to our whole working culture. We pledge to social and environmental initiatives that support a sustainable environment. Everyone has a unique contribution to make and all are welcome.